11 May 2007

The Old Bag

In today's Dinette Set, a company function is the scene of simmering class warfare once again, but the reader is distracted by details:
  • Who is that man fleeing the scene?
  • Is it possible, by adding some badly needed punctuation, to force the words on the raffle sign into a semblance of meaning recognizable to an English-speaking audience?
  • Wouldn't a cash bar have, you know, a bartender?
  • What, precisely, are those balloons supposed to be anchored to? The sign?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least the balloons are realtively accurate as to the location.

Anonymous said...

I think its hilarious that Joy would have the nerve to ask the Corp. Boss's wife where she got her Coach bag (very bad manners) and Burl's remark about looking at Kohl's and everywhere -- meaning WalMart,Target, discount stores!! Everyone knows Coach Bags run from 300.00 up and can you imagine Burl forking out that much money for Joy a designer bag? I wonder if her next question would be how much did she pay for her Chanel outfit---looks like Chanel emblem on her top. As I said before---I know people like them!!!!! They never cease to amaze me!

Anonymous said...

nikki, your last name isn't "larson" by any chance, is it?

Anonymous said...

Jake, regretfully no, my last name is not Larson----though I wish I had gotten her idea first for this cartoon family!!! In fact, I have lots of ideas for her strip from the many Joy's and Burl's in my own town!

Anonymous said...

Uh - I don't think "everyone knows Coach Bags run from 300.00 up." I had no idea what a "Coach Bag" was until I looked it up. :) Just FYI.

Anonymous said...

Yes Millard, they are designer bags and they are expensive---In fact the one I want is $550.00---but I can't decide between that or a Kate Spade bag that is $400.00!