15 May 2007

Charity begins at Crust Foods

In today's Dinette Set, Burl anonymously donates a dollar to charity:
  • For the life of me, I can't figure out what's supposed to be funny about his desire for anonymity. Is it because he's aware he is cheap? Is he only doing it for the tax deduction (see Dale's shirt)? Does he not want to be pestered by solicitors? The comments are the location for wild speculation.
  • Joy is "paid for". After yesterday, I don't even want to speculate what that could mean.
  • The cash register shows a total of $1.00. Are we to believe Burl went out of his way to donate $1?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huh - I don't get the joke either. Lots of people like to donate anonymously. Maybe it's to imply that he doesn't want to ruin his cheap image?

I did like that one of the stars was signed by Tab Hunter. Weird reference.
(http://www.tabhunter.com/)