30 July 2007

Tour de Force

In today's Dinette Set, it's as if the artist is just throwing stuff in there to annoy me:
  • In the category of grammatical woes: "You were a lifesaver" who the hell would use the past tense here?
  • In the category of drawing perspective: The only place that car could possibly exist is in an Escher painting.
  • In the category of stuff that takes too long to explain to be worth explaining: how much gas is in the car.
  • In the category of stuff that doesn't even need to be there: the car keys in Burl's disembodied arm.
  • In the category of unjustified bits of the narrative: Dale's shock-lined reaction.
  • In the category of stuff to annoy pinball: screen door pants.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually, Burl's shirt disturbs me more than his pants today... the reference to the Smokies implies again that the Pennys have been much too close to my house for my liking.

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK DAVEY-----I have missed you!